Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Children's Piano Lessons, Cooper City, FL

Contact information

Contact: Piano teacher e-mail.

Phone: 786-565-2550‏.

General information

I teach beginner, intermediate and advanced piano lessons for children ages 5 to 19.Lessons take place in my home studio in Cooper City, FL, on my grand piano.

References from students and parents are available.

I customize my training to your child's personal needs, and focus on technique and playing a variety of different styles of music. I also use an easy step-by-step approach to teach piano theory to ensure that your child will be able to play independently without a teacher in the future.

Lessons are designed individually for each student and musical selection and mix is made based on your and your child's preferences. The basic training is on classical music with additions of classic pop or standards (such as Frank Sinatra), as well as rock and blues.I specialize in teaching and motivating children to play and to provide the foundation to become life-long musicians.

I have the experience and patience from not only years of teaching children but also from bringing up two children of my own.Key is to develop technical proficiency and interpretive skills, explore individual creativity, and building self-confidence.

Tuition information

- No registration fees and no long term contracts.

- You pay as you go for each lesson, scheduled once a week.

- Please note that tuition is due for scheduled lessons unless cancelled by 24 hour notice (max two times per semester). If notice is not given, the lesson fee still applies.

Meet your piano teacher

Reviews from Google

9 Reviews-- Please see Google link.

A Google User reviewed 4 months ago
Overall 3 / 3
Tina is a great piano teacher for our 9 year old daughter. She is organized and brings discipline to her lessons without rigidity but with positive reinforcements. She is also very patient and listens to her students. Our daughter actually started enjoying piano lessons after we started with Tina. She even started practicing at home without complaining!
Helpful?
Yes
No
A Google User reviewed 5 months ago
Overall 3 / 3
Tina is very organized. Scales, theories, claassics,and special songs etc are put in different folders. You know what your child learns from her. Tina is well prepared for each lesson. She makes good use of every minute your money is spent for and never hesitate to give your extra attention and effort. Tina is kind and patient. She loves children. Both her oral praise and small prize stimulate children's interest in piano. Tina is fun and charming. Piano used to be my child's last thing to do before going to bed every day. Now playing piano is one of her most important way of relaxing. My daughter enjoys piano lessons with Tina more and more. I definaterly recommend her to a friend.
Helpful?
Yes
No
A Google User reviewed 7 months ago
Overall 3 / 3
Tina finds a fine balance between a structured lesson and an enjoyable lesson. She is able to motivate and push kids while still allowing then to retain their personal enjoyment and interest in piano. Tina is especially well-suited to teach children who are in elementary school. Unlike other teachers who come off as severe and imposing, Tina presents a well-paced, planned curriculum that puts children on the right pace to truly succeed. Instead of centering her lessons on the memorization of pieces or the drilling of rhythms, Tina teaches children theory so they can process and understand any piece. She allows the children to give her feedback on the amount of work they have received, so she can gauge their commitment, skill, and progress. Tina also uses a system of positive reinforcement, which includes great prizes, to encourage the children to practice. Overall, she is an wonderful teacher whose easy and familiarity with children's progress in piano allows her to be effective yet enjoyable for children.
Helpful?
Yes
No
A Google User reviewed a year ago
Overall 3 / 3
Mar 25, 2011 Tina is a kind, patient, and understanding teacher. Skilled at both playing and teaching, she makes lessons interesting, fun, and pleasant to attend. I like going to my lesson and continually learn lots of new things every time I go there. No matter how many times I make a mistake or do not succeed in remembering something she has explained to me in a relatively simple to understand way about a billion or so times, she shows extreme dedication and perseverance as she patiently takes me through or explains it yet again. She encourages me in everything I do, whether it's playing a simple scale, showing her my arrangement of someone else's piece, or attempting a more challenging piece in which my fingers feel like they are about to get tied into a knot. I have learnt so much in the short time I've been with Tina, and I hope to have her as a teacher for as long as possible.
Helpful?
Yes
No
A Google User reviewed a year ago
Overall 3 / 3
I can't say enough about this teacher. She is motivating. She teaches technique, which is so important. She is open to song suggestions from my child, which helped keep her excited about practicing. My daughter learned so quickly I was completely thrilled!
Helpful?
Yes
No
A Google User reviewed a year ago
Overall 3 / 3
Our kids had pretty much given up on piano lessons until Tina showed up. She started teaching my son (youngest of three) and my two older kids decided on their own to get back into piano and restarted lessons. I highly recommend her as a teacher.
Helpful?
Yes
No

A Google User reviewed a year ago
Overall 3 / 3
She is extremely motivational and adapts her teaching to my needs. She allows me to pick songs from movies I like. She is always calm and never yells if I forget my homework . . .
Helpful?
Yes
No
A Google User reviewed a year ago
Overall 3 / 3
This teacher is excellent, my kids lover her. She is structured, methodical and best of all, they are finally learning to play the piano.
Helpful?
Yes
No
A Google User reviewed a year ago
Overall 3 / 3
My piano teacher is very encouraging and patient. I look forward to every lesson!
Helpful?
Yes
No

Piano Lessons for Kids
3302 NW 82 Way
Cooper City, FL 33024
Phone: 786 525 2550